Xinput1_3.dll is an integral part of the Microsoft Common Controller Application Programming Interfaces, also known as API. In layman’s terms, it is the source code that transforms human language into a language that the computer can execute with the help of compilers and interpreters. Xinput1_3.dll is a part of the Microsoft DirectX bouquet which is used primarily for windows gaming and other advanced graphics programs. A .dll extension file generally stands for “Dynamic Link Library” which contains a series of instructions which can be utilized by a variety of other programs in executing their respective functions. This enables several programs to utilize the abilities that have been programmed into a single file.
A file known for its low memory usage and general all around efficiency, it performs an extremely pivotal function of retrieving the sound rendering and capturing with the help of a number of Globally Unique Identifier(GUID) that are associated with the headset which is connected to a specific controller. The main function of the system is referenced in the word “input” which refers to entry or changes which control or modify computer processes. As a GUID, it assigns a special reference number in software applications, which remains unique.
The greatest strength of the file is the fact the usage of this file is subjective and therefore can be modelled to individual need and the behaviour depends specifically on how the system is being used. Hence the same system can have many inputs and multiple applications. This also allows several programs to simultaneously utilize the functional information that has been programmed into the file. Owing to the fact that these are instrumental in the running of a multitude of software applications, any error associated with these kind of files can wreak havoc with your system. Owing to the fact that there are a multitude of programs today that function on the DirectX platform, especially programs that use advanced graphics, any problem or corruption with a constituent of the DirectX bouquet stops most games and graphics from functioning. However, there are simple remedies which we describe in detail in this article. These remedies don’t require a lot of technical expertise on behalf of the user and are mostly elementary in their approach.
Any problems with Xinput1_3.dll can basically be traced back to the parent collection, Microsoft DirectX and is therefore most often encountered while using windows games or advanced graphics programs. In such circumstances, the user typically gets error messages like “Xinput1_3.dll not found” or a modification of the same which asks the user to re-install to fix the problem. If the user experiences a problem, he or she should refrain from downloading individual .dll files since the websites that host such files are generally not approved and hence can lead to bigger worries. In most cases, the files hosted are outdated and hence of little use to the system. There is also the possibility of the computer experiencing a much bigger software outrage and the error message display being a consequence of that problem. In such cases, applying individual file downloads only solves the problem temporarily while the bigger problem goes undetected (it’s similar with other DLL files like xlive.dll).
The following troubleshooting techniques can be used by the user in case he or she faces a problem with a .dll file:
1) In a lot of cases, the error message that perturbs the user is a fluke and the simple remedy that a user can avail of is restarting the computer. On a majority of occasions, the problem simply goes away.
2) If the problem persists, the most direct remedy is to reinstall and update the Microsoft DirectX software. On most occasions, if the game utilizes DirectX, the developers of the game always include a version of the software in their installation bouquet. This gets rid of the problem on certain occasions. On certain occasions, it might also be seen that the version of DirectX included in the game installation CD works better.
3) However, this might not solve the problem. In that case, the user is advised to simply uninstall and reinstall the concerned game or software. Very often, some file gets corrupted during installation and hence stops working and a simple re-install does the trick.
4) More extreme solutions include downloading the .dll extension files from the DirectX downloadable package. The user can simply extract the file of choice from the downloadable package and thereby get rid of the malfunctioning file.
5) Finally, if all else fails, the user can update all the drivers for the video card in the computer. This should get rid of the most persistent issues.
Owing to its multifaceted utility and efficiency, xinput1_3.dll has quickly become an indispensable part of the DirectX bouquet and hence an integral part of our valuable gaming experience, which nowadays is one of the most pivotal constituent of the usage of a computer. The troubleshooting techniques and the file itself can be utilized on any operating system beginning from Windows 98 and therefore includes Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista and the latest Windows 7.